PQI Communications Coordinator Job Posting
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Posted by: Amanda Powell, PQI Project Manager
PQI Communications Coordinator (Remote)
Hourly wage: $20 per hour (all inclusive) 10 hours per week (Independent Sub-Contractor)
Work to fulfill the mission of the Institute for Perinatal Quality Improvement (PQI, www.perintalQI.org, @perinatalQI), which is: to expand the use of improvement science in order to eliminate preventable perinatal morbidity and mortality and end perinatal disparities. The organization is young, small, and self-funded. Individuals working for PQI must be mission driven and fiscally responsible as they work to help the organization grow.
We are seeking a creative and organized communications coordinator to join our team. You must be knowledgeable and passionate about the perinatal health field and possess experience with using social media daily. You will create social media postings geared towards quality improvement in perinatal health. Communications should be inclusive, diverse, and timely within the field in order to forward the mission of PQI. Posts will engage viewers to purchase modules, attend conferences & webinars, and engage in quality improvement methods.
We are looking for someone to primarily maintain social media arena but are also interested if you have experience with website management, communications, and/or graphic design.
Maintain Virtual Presence
· Create social media posting guidelines
· Daily-weekly posts to social media accounts, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
· Daily like and re-tweet posts from other organizations
· Join Twitter events
· Keep up to date on special dates for postings (i.e. International Midwives Day, Minority Health Month)
· Act quickly and gracefully to resolve any customer complaints or criticisms posted on social media
· Support basic website updates to website pages
· Comfort with reaching out to Technical Support and asking questions
· Experience with InDesign for flyer updating and creation
General responsibilities and duties as assigned:
· Suggest and be willing to perform any duties needed to be done in order to support the success and growth of PQI.
· Coordinate with other sub-contractors
· Vast experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
· Maintain a google account that includes a google calendar, email, etc.
· Proficient in and access to Dropbox
· Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
· Proactive, meticulous, detail oriented, organized, flexible, and reliable
· Demonstrated ability to work in teams and independently
· Interest and experience in improving perinatal health care
· Expertise and willingness to work with different types of technology, e.g., on the backend of the website
· Website platforms (plus if your experience includes “Yourmembership”)
· Experience with InDesign software
· Knowledge of HTML
· Master’s degree in public health or related field
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to info@perinatalQI.org with the subject line of “PQI Communications Coordinator”.